Friday, June 3, 2016

It's On You!

Sunday, June 13, 2010


It's On You!

Joshua 14:6-15 (The Message):
The people of Judah came to Joshua at Gilgal. Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite spoke: "You'll remember what God said to Moses the man of God concerning you and me back at Kadesh Barnea. I was forty years old when Moses the servant of God sent me from Kadesh Barnea to spy out the land. And I brought back an honest and accurate report. My companions who went with me discouraged the people, but I stuck to my guns, totally with God, my God. That was the day that Moses solemnly promised, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance, you and your children's, forever. Yes, you have lived totally for God.' Now look at me: God has kept me alive, as he promised. It is now forty-five years since God spoke this word to Moses, years in which Israel wandered in the wilderness. And here I am today, eighty-five years old! I'm as strong as I was the day Moses sent me out. I'm as strong as ever in battle, whether coming or going. So give me this hill country that God promised me. You yourself heard the report, that the Anakim were there with their great fortress cities. If God goes with me, I will drive them out, just as God said."
Joshua blessed him. He gave Hebron to Caleb son of Jephunneh as an inheritance. Hebron belongs to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite still today, because he gave himself totally to God, the God of Israel.

The name of Hebron used to be Kiriath Arba, named after Arba, the greatest man among the Anakim.

And the land had rest from war.



This morning during the preacher's sermon, the Lord began to expound on the very Word He was bringing forth through that anointed vessel. Not to say that the Word delivered was incomplete, far from it; the Lord just had more to say to me regarding that particular exposition of scripture.

The preacher explained that Caleb was only one of the two who were sent to spy out the land for the Israelites and brought back a good report; yet he was not an Israelite, he was a Kenizzite. It was explained that he waited for his promise to be fulfilled, and when the time came, he went and laid claim to the very thing that seemed to stand in his way. It was also explained that he did not lose strength as he aged and so was able to make good use of the promise once it was fulfilled.

It's time to stop using that mountain that's standing in your way as an excuse and recognize it for what it really is: your promise. It's not an obstacle, it's your provision. Stop shying away from it and go after it. This particular mountain need not be cast into the sea because it is the heaping, overflowing blessing that has been promised to you, but that others said was too big to overcome. Because of their bad report, you believed that it was not for you for so long, you've grown old just looking at it. That mountain is your inheritance and you have every right to it because it was promised to you. Not as an obstacle, but as a miracle. It's what you have been praying for, but your eyes haven't recognized it yet. It has now been revealed to you, so go and claim it!

That's where the message from that vessel stopped, but God had more for me. He told me to keep reading, and so I continued to the end of the chapter where the last sentence jumped out at me: "And the land had rest from war." That's where my lesson began.


The land and those in it are at war because of your fear to claim that which is rightfully yours, that which the enemy fooled you into thinking was only an obstacle. Once you lay claim to it and walk in your inheritance, the war that rages around you will cease. It won't just cease for you but for all that is connected to you and all that concerns you. But now it's up to you to do what you are called, anointed, appointed, justified and predestined to do. It's on you...

Lovingly submitted,
The Psalmist

No comments:

Post a Comment