Friday, June 3, 2016

Saying goodbye and letting go...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saying goodbye and letting go...

Too many times in this life we hold onto things from which we should be free. I give warning here that some observations may prove to be too painful for some, or too soon for others to read, so guard your heart and govern yourself accordingly.

I have been fasting and praying, seeking GOD's face about some things. What HE has revealed has both hurt and healed me, but because I know that "all things work together for the good of them who love GOD, who are the called according to HIS purpose," and "whom the Father loves, those HE also chastises," I received my Daddy's instructions and am in desperate effort implementing them.

When a loved one is on their deathbed, be it literal or spiritual, we must go to GOD to find out what is HIS next step. We can't just wail and moan, crying out to save them or heal them; that might not be HIS plan. Too many times we are trying to hold onto someone who wants to go home, who is tired of fighting, or who knows that they have fought the good fight and kept the faith and it's time to say goodbye. Of course, we will miss them, especially if they are a close family member, a best friend, or even a beloved pet. But we have to remember that this is not our home, we are just travelers through it, and holding on to that worn out vessel is not good for either of us/you.

We are meant to be dynamic, not static, and moving on is what we are supposed to do after our assignment is complete. This is not to negate the scriptures that say, "greater things than this will you do," or "you shall lay hands on the sick and they will recover," far from it, but we still are subject to GOD's plan and we must be ever mindful of HIS next instructions. Yes, we have been given the power and authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, open blinded eyes, unstop deaf ears, etc., but the power and authority comes from GOD and we still have to operate under HIS jurisdiction. If HE says that it's time to let that loved one go, then that we must do. We cannot weep like those who have no hope, even if we erroneously feel that they were the last one in the Earth left to us. (Side note here: I said "erroneously" on purpose because no matter how alone you may seem or feel, you are never truly alone. Just take the time to look around you, and GOD will show you who's truly in your corner.)

I have to say goodbye to someone soon, and it's breaking my heart, but it's GOD's instructions. I knew my heart would be broken, but since I left it in HIS capable hands, the pain would be fleeting. Even though I haven't said goodbye yet, I am already feeling the healing of my broken heart and I'm at peace. I urge you, if you have to say goodbye to someone, and you know without a shadow of a doubt that "this is it," seek GOD's face and climb up into HIS lap to receive your instructions and comfort, because only there will you find the solace and strength to keep going...



Lovingly submitted,

The Psalmist.

No comments:

Post a Comment