Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The new face of lynching

I am in pain...my heart hurts so much I am in a constant state of nausea...
When Colin Kaepernick knelt, there was such an uproar.
Contrast that against the multiple times that white police officers have "knelt" on our Black men. An uproar can only be heard from other Black men and mothers of Black men. Sadly, not enough came from the white nation that raised the uproar about Kaepernick's kneeling.
I love my white friends. The picture below came from a white friend's page, giving voice to her own outrage at the situation. But there are not enough of her. I've heard too many excuses about "how it's going to look?" or "how am I going to be received?" or "I have an image to maintain." Put yourself in the shoes of the grieving mother who now has to bury another Black son, and stop caring so much more about your friggin' image than the life of a man!
Obviously, just the outraged brown voices are not enough, we need the voices of ALL races to make a difference. This is one of those instances when I agree that ALL LIVES MATTER! We need all lives on deck to sound off about this increase in the "hunting season." I'm sorry if this is harsh, but the face of the "officer" looks exactly like one of the faces in the mobs who were pictured with the hanging bodies of lynched victims. His expression is a barely veiled expression of pride in what he'd done, how he'd put down the "black buck."
The tears are streaming now because my heart has overflowed.
I can't...I just can't anymore...I have nothing left.
This is why Colin knelt...

No comments:

Post a Comment